Saturday, July 14, 2012

Standard House Salad

This doesn't count as something new, although it should. I generally don't buy dressings because I prefer to make them. But this dressing is new. Brand new. I wanted to share because it turned out surprisingly well. Mostly I want to keep it in mind for myself, but honestly, I don't think I'll ever forget it.

{Tara's Standard House Salad}
1 small head of bib lettuce
1 leaf of kale
1 avacado
1 cucumber 
1 zucchini or summer squash

Dressing:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp greek yogurt or any plain yogurt, I also like goats milk yogurt
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 small clove of garlic


In medium bowl chop all the vegetables in cubes. Cut the greens in 1/2 inch thick slices right off the head. In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together. The whisk helps the oil and yogurt come together. You could use a fork. I used my garlic press, but you could mince the garlic very finely if you don't have a press. The turmeric has a kick so you won't need pepper. Adjust spices to your taste. Toss dressing with greens & serve. Serves 1.

I topped mine with 3 cheese tortellini for lunch. If I ever open a restaurant this will be my standard green house salad.

Enjoy,

t

No comments:

Post a Comment